Welcome to Cambrian
Families love the picturesque quality of this urban neighborhood with an abundance of parks, lakes, and quiet, tree-lined streets
Cambrian is an active neighborhood in West San Jose known for its convenient location and urban layout. The majority of the neighborhood is incorporated, but a small portion remains unincorporated and called Cambrian Park. Family-friendly, Cambrian is a desirable place to live with lots of suburban charm and quiet, tree-lined residential streets.
Not only is Cambrian a great place to live, but it’s full of several gorgeous parks and places to play. It’s easy to stay active in this charming community. Commuters appreciate living in Cambrian because it provides easy access to everything you could ever need in San Jose and Silicon Valley, along with being close to numerous lakes, open spaces, and an abundance of outdoor recreation.
What to Love
- Local outdoor farmers market held every Wednesday from May to September
- Several California Distinguished schools in the immediate vicinity
- Verdant parks with room to participate in recreational activities and access to scenic lakes
People & Lifestyle
A heavily sought-after place to live on the western side of San Jose, Cambrian makes it easy to get to and from Silicon Valley. The family-friendly atmosphere and exemplary public schools are appealing attributes of this quaint neighborhood. Compared to some of the surrounding areas, Cambrian is also more affordable and features dozens of children-friendly amenities, parks, and beautiful trails.
Those who love being outdoors and embracing nature will find plenty to appreciate about Cambrian, as there is no shortage of manicured landscaping, flowering trees lining the streets, and easy access to the great outdoors. It is a true haven for nature enthusiasts who like to stay active and go hiking, bicycling, or participate in equestrian activities.
Dining, Shopping, & Entertainment
Most of the day-to-day shopping takes place at Almaden Plaza
, a large plaza offering many restaurants, retailers, banks, and other important services.
A breakfast mainstay, Bill’s Cafe
has been an iconic way to start the day since 1977. The staff takes pride in preparing homemade menu items each day, including croissants, cinnamon rolls, and fresh-squeezed orange juice.
Jack Holders Restaurant & Bar
creates savory all-day breakfast times and American comfort foods. This family-friendly and family-owned tavern elevates classic diner meals like burgers, salads, pasta, and daily specials with creative twists. There is also a full-service bar and patio area to hang out and sip one of the restaurant’s many brews on tap.
Things to Do
Stretching across 11 miles, the Guadalupe River Trail
is a paved, pedestrian-friendly bike path running along the banks of the Guadalupe River, used heavily for both recreation and commuting. Once development is completed, the trail will extend 20 miles and link the San Francisco Bay to South San Jose.
Cambrian hosts several beautiful parks, including Kirkwood Park, Doerr Park, and Paul Moore Park.
- Kirk Park, or Kirkwood Park, is a neighborhood favorite and features a newly-constructed play area alongside horseshoe pits, a softball field, and basketball courts.
- Doerr Park resides in a pleasant neighborhood of the same name. It’s a nice community park with a paved path and facilities for baseball, basketball, and tennis.
- Another local public park, Paul Moore Park provides basketball and tennis courts, a playground, and a softball field. There are also picnic areas, a few of which are reservable.