Welcome to Morgan Hill
With top-rated schools, award-winning wineries, and many nature parks, Morgan Hill is a beautiful and affluent small town with year-round recreation
Resting at the southern tip of Silicon Valley is the affluent residential community Morgan Hill, a quiet, peaceful area at the seat of many high-tech companies. As one of the most expensive places to live in the country, most residents of Morgan Hill are part of high-net-worth individuals who appreciate the city’s reserved nature, free from the hustle and bustle of the larger cities.
Ten miles south of San Jose, Morgan Hill is situated in the Santa Clara Valley AVA, a designated American Viticultural Area rife with award-winning wineries and lush vineyards, both of which are just a few components to the area’s luxury hospitality. Surrounded by verdant and fertile tree-covered hills, lakes, golf courses, hiking trails, and vast open space, the outdoor recreation is year-round in Morgan Hill, accented by the 300 days of sunshine. People come here to bicycle, swim, and visit pick-your-own farms or visit tastings along the wine trail.
What to Love
- Fertile land helped turn the town into a prime spot for vineyards and wineries
- Several expanses of grassy plains at the open space preserves and nature parks
- Year-round farmers markets and many fun events in the historic downtown district
People & Lifestyle
This wealthy enclave is a community-rich small town with plenty of charms to enjoy. Residents are friendly and outgoing, and there is a historic downtown district with a year-round farmers market and public art displays that regularly host special events and festivities. Morgan Hill is a great place to live for young professionals, as there are lots of extracurricular activities available and you don’t have to travel far to enjoy yourself.
The nearest international airport is only 30 minutes away and the beach is just a short drive. Between here and there you’ll find a variety of housing options, from large estates to affordable single-family homes. Families appreciate the abundance of outdoor recreation and the top-rated schools, including several that are National Blue Ribbon Schools or California Distinguished.
Dining, Shopping, & Entertainment
- Sicilia in Bocca – Casual and down-to-earth Italian restaurant serving pasta, meat, and seafood entrees. The crab ravioli and bruschetta are real crowd-pleasers.
- Odeum – Roman and Greek-inspired cuisine with Spanish and other Mediterranean influences in a light, spacious establishment.
- Wilard Hicks – You can’t go wrong with filet mignon at this sophisticated steakhouse. If you’re not in the mood for a regular steak, the steak burger is sensational.
- MOHI Social – Popular social gathering spot downtown known for creative seasonal dishes like lamb lollipops and Mexican lasagna served with corn tortillas and salsa roja.
Things to Do
- Uvas Canyon County Park – A spacious and beautiful natural park encompassing over 1,147 acres, several waterfalls, and facilities for overnight camping, picnics, and hiking.
- Coyote Valley Open Space Preserve – Hike, ride horses, or mountain bike along this greenbelt stretching between San Jose and Morgan Hill.
- Guglielmo Winery – This family-owned winery is a local favorite that has been open since 1925. Besides the tasting room and award-winning wines, the winery is also a popular wedding venue.
- Mushroom Mardi Gras – Mushrooms take center stage at this exciting annual festival where food vendors showcase all sorts of mushroom dishes, including deep-fried, grilled, sauteéd, stuffed, and everything in between. Entertainment includes live music and visits from the mascot: Mardi the Mushroom.
Morgan Hill is served by the Morgan Hill Unified School District
, many of the schools have been awarded National Blue Ribbon Schools, California Distinguished, and California Gold Ribbon Schools. Ann Sobrato High is ranked as one of the top 100 best public schools in California.